Thursday, October 17, 2013

Recount- deaf person

I walked into class on monday. I looked around the classroom and saw all my "friends" around me. A girl walked up to me with a smile on her face. Her lips moved as if she was saying something. I shrugged my shoulders and walked away. I felt annoyed that I couldn't hear her. That is because i have been deaf since I was born.

I immediatly went and sat down at my spot on the mat and looked up at my teacher Ms. Garcia. She had just finished calling the roll and sat down to start teaching the lesson. She didn't even notice that I was there. She never notices me. I wish I was normal,I wish I wasn't there. Anger grew inside me, I wanted to yell, but, I didn't. Instead I just sat there. Invisible.

At lunch, I sat outside eating. A group of girls from my class came up to me and started pointing talking and laughing. I didn't hear what they said but I knew it was mean. Tears rolled down my cheeks and suddenly I wished I was gone, I wished I could hear what they were saying.

After lunch we had a assembly. I sat down quietly. Soon, the certificates were being called. I saw a teacher call out a name, then nothing happened. Everyone started laughing, then, they all turned around and looked at me! My face went red. I got up and ran out of the hall. It was so embarassing! I sat behind a table until assembly was done. Then, I walked back to my class room.

As I walked in, I noticed a new girl and her family talking to Ms. Garcia. The girl turned around, I waved. Surprisingly, she signed hi! I signed hi back and she said she was deaf too. I was so relieved! Miss Garcia called both of us up to the front. We spent the rest of the day teaching the class sign language. I felt so glad to finally have a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment